Travel Alert for Corona Virus
June 1, 2020 | 8:00am PDT
Due to the high volume of cancellations and refund requests, supplier processing of refunds may take 90+ days to process. a. Bookings without our Travel Protection Plan coverage: Travelers may receive refunds in the form of a Land Future Travel Credit for 100% of the land portion of the booking. The credit may be used for future travel to any destination or cruise vacation in our portfolio for travel by December 15, 2021. Land Future Travel Credit is non-transferrable, non-refundable nor offered as cash back if not used in full and cannot be used to purchase a Travel Protection Plan. Airline change/cancel policies not applicable and remain as defined in the links below for published fare air tickets). Not valid for existing cruise bookings.
A note to our Travel Advisors...keep your clients’ dreams alive! Reschedule your clients' vacation for a later date instead of cancelling it or book a new vacation for 2020 or 2021 and they’ll have something to look forward to for days to come, and you’ll be the hero for making bucket list dreams come true. If your clients have a Journese Land Future Travel Credit, maximize your vacation value by redeeming it today. Airfares, cruise fares and hotel rates for many destinations are up to 50% lower than last year.
We continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on your travel.
For non-cruise vacations, our Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with travel scheduled in June and July 2020. Please call 800.247.4958 or email them at email@example.com and note the scheduled departure date in the subject line. Thank you.
Our Cruise Desk Team is ready to assist all current cruise bookings, regardless of scheduled departure date. Please call 800.850.6988 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest CDC Travel Warnings
REAL ID Deadline Extended to Oct. 1, 2021
Additional Resources are provided at the bottom of this page to help you access information from specific supplier and government sources. Note: individual links have been provided for destinations not included on the US Department of State and COVID-19 Country Specific Information links.
Our FIT Change/Cancel Policies in effect for impacted customers are as follows:
1. All balance payments for vacations departing in July 2020 and beyond are due and payable 45 days prior to the travel departure date; balances must be paid in full to avoid cancellation or supplier price increases.
2. Journese is automatically cancelling all current land/hotel-only bookings (i.e., bookings without flights) to destinations that have closed their borders to non-residents or if the hotel is closed. Journese will reach out to all impacted bookings to confirm the cancellation.
3. For cancellation of non-cruise bookings with travel scheduled
June 1 - 30, 2020 to closed hotels and/or destinations:
b. Bookings with our Travel Protection Plan coverage: all plan policies apply.
4. For current bookings that opt to change instead of cancel, we are currently waiving Journese change fees for travel scheduled June 1 - 30, 2020 to closed hotels and/or destinations; supplier change fees may still apply. Airline fees vary by each specific airline’s policies (see links below for info on published fare air tickets).
5. For bookings with travel scheduled after May 31, 2020: all regular Terms and Conditions currently apply.
6. Normal travel protection policies apply if a plan was purchased through Journese.
7. All policies subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Journese is offering a $250 per booking rebooking discount to travelers with existing bookings for travel scheduled June 1 - 30, 2020 only if the booked flights or cruise have been canceled and/or the hotel is not accepting guests. The offer is valid on new bookings of $2,000 or more (not including any applicable future cruise or travel credit amounts). For cancelled vacations, the new rescheduled booking must be made between one (1) and thirty (30) days after full cancellation of a previous Pleasant Holidays or Journese vacation booking. $250 per booking Rebooking Discount is not applicable to price-matched bookings. All travel must be completed by December 15, 2021 and may be to any destination in the Pleasant Holidays or Journese destination portfolios, including cruise vacations, regardless of destination booked in cancelled vacation. This is a limited time offer that is subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.
Journese’ Customer Service team members are working diligently to assist each impacted customer, addressing the most imminently scheduled departures first.
For questions or concerns regarding bookings, please call our Customer Service team for assistance.
Vacations currently in destination: 800.848.9118
Vacations departing soon: 800.247.4958
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
US Department of State
COVID-19 Country Specific Information
Hawaii - Traveler Resources
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
Air New Zealand
Air Tahiti Nui
All Nippon Airways
Delta Air Lines
Sun Country Airlines
American Cruise Lines
American Queen Steamboat Company
Blue Lagoon Cruises
Norwegian Cruise Lines
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours
Victory Cruise Lines